Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 23, 2008

On The Purple Dinosaur

Who loves Barney?

Mummy's sure of it, you are a couch potato in the making. Shan loves watching all her cartoon channels and you are always there right beside her. A loyal lil' sister indeed. Always wanting to be a part of the action. The bean bag is your usual favorite spot and you can watch cartoons for around 10 minutes before you get bored and start to explore the living room for more interesting objects.

Mummy was surprised 3 days back when you were seated in front of the tele on your knees with your legs bent back as usual and Barney came on. The moment you heard, "Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination...", you went hysterical, almost. You were bouncing up and down, your eyes glued to Barney and full of excitement, palms together clapping away. Mummy's not sure how else to describe your reaction to that purple dinosaur; super thrilled is an understatement! You are not this excited even when you see mummy at the gate after work. Well, it's a different type of excitement anyway.

Mummy can't quite describe the noises you were making but I'm sure if I could understand baby language well, you were probably saying, "Mummy, mummy look, its Barney! I love Barney!" over and over again. Because you kept looking back at me as if to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Like you wanted me to watch this purple dinosaur and his little friends because they were so much fun. You seemed to be making sure mummy didn't miss a thing. It was so amazing. At that moment I realized that my little angel baby is on her way to being a full-fledged toddler and the signs were showing up already! You're growing. My baby is growing! It was bitter sweet and mummy wasn't sure how to react. You just blew me away with that smile and that genuine, innocent joy and pure excitement.

Mummy was struggling very hard to hold back the tears. Boy was I beaming with pride and smiling from ear to ear. My initial reaction was to grab the camera to capture the moment on video so that we could have it with us. But then I realized, I would have spoiled it for myself had I experienced it through the camera's lense. So I just absorbed it and now its etched in my heart and mind forever. The joy you bring me is immeasurable.


xxx

mummy

No comments: