Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The songs I sing to you


Mummy loves singing. She doesn't have a great voice but she sings in tune (most of the time) which is fine by you. I sing to you all the time but I 'belt it out' at bed time. You are so calmed and soothed by my singing. Our current favorites are....

1. My Bonnie
My bonnie lies over the ocean
My bonnie lies over the sea
My bonnie lies over the ocean
So bring back my bonnie to me
Bring back, Bring Back
Bring back my bonnie to me, to me
Bring back, Bring Back
Oh bring back my bonnie to me

2. K' Sara
When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother
What will I be?
Will I be pretty?
Will I be rich?
Guess what she said to me?
K' Sara Sara
What ever will be will be
The future's not ours to see
K' Sara Sara

3. Daisy Daisy

Daisy Daisy
Give me an answer do
I'm half crazy
Over the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage
But you look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle made for two

Mummy learned all these beautiful songs from Grandma. And now I'm teaching them to you. They're classics - simple yet have such deep meaning. Keep these close to your heart and teach them to your little ones. Mummy has just started singing this to you as well....

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and White
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me..

Blossoms of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss Edelweiss
Bless my home land forever

A shot with grandma who loves you so.

1 comment:

farrahar said...

this is a really nice pic of nenek and cucu :)