Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Roar Like A Lion


The Alphabet

A week back Aunty Otta stuck some nursery/kindergarten style learning pictures on the upstairs living room wall. There is the alphabets one and the numbers one. The alphabets show each letter with a picture of an object that starts with the alphabet. The numbers show random objects in the amount of the corresponding number. Two nights ago while we were hanging out upstairs, you brought mummy to the alphabets on the wall. Mummy took it as a sign you wanted to learn. So I started off with the letter closest to me. I said, "B. B is for Bee. Bzzzzzzz. Bee Elil." The letter was actually Q for Queen Bee. You smile as you usually do when mummy teaches you animal sounds. You especially love the buzzz of the bees. You turn back and stare at me as if trying to get my attention back to the alphabets. So I look at the alphabets and then back at you. You are staring intently at a particular alphabet. You struggle to get on your feet and stand up using the wall to support you. Your arms are stretched, you point at the letter L and start growling. "Grrrrrr grrrrr", you said. Wow! I look at you and smile (my head off). I clap and tell you what a good and clever girl you are and hug you ever so tightly. So much excitement but I look around and there is no one to tell how proud I am of my little angel. No one except Shan that is, but I doubt she would find anything special in Elil growling like a lion especially when she was so engrossed in Barney. So mummy kept this joy all to herself. All these special little moments to be cherished forever.

xxx
Mummy

No comments: