Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 24, 2007

You Are My Sunshine

This is our song - not just ours but daddy's too. I sang it to you everyday when you were still inside me. I sing it to you still.

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine,
You make me happy,
When skies are grey,
You'll never know dear,
How much I love you,
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Sometimes I change it a little, like this....

You are mummy's sunshine,
Mummy's only sunshine,
You make me happy,
When skies are grey,
You'll never know baby,
How much mummy loves you,
Please don't take mummy's sunshine away.

Today you are 16 days old. You were up for a long time this afternoon. Couldn't seem to get enough of mummy's breast. You'd fall asleep hanging on to me and everytime I put you down, you would wake up instantly, hungrily searching for my nipple. Then we tried the bottle; you sucked on that till the last drop. Still we couldn't put you down, you kept wailing. Finally, mummy cuddled you close to her chest, whispered sweet nothing's in your ear and pat you gently on your back and you dozed off in no time. It was such a special moment for mummy. Something only you and I both shared. It was our secret moment. I love you....

mummy
xxx

No comments: