Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 22, 2007

10 perfect fingers, 10 perfect toes!


God gave me you on the 9th June 2007, an angel! Could there be a more perfect baby?

The softness of your skin. Your tiny, fragile body. Your milky breath. The little baby sighs you let out in your sleep. The first tiny yelp from your lungs that first morning at the hospital. Your hair so light and fine. So long your nails!

You were eager to see the world and came a little early - two weeks to your due. We endured a long labor you and I, 35 long hours, 2 shots of pentadine, the gas and 1 epidural to be exact.

How to describe my feeling at our first meeting when the doctor lay you on my belly? Getting to know you for 9 months and seeing you for the first time. Your eyes were wide open, searching. Curious from the start. It seemed like forever before you started crying. How amazing and miraculous the sight of you! Mummy was in tears.

Your doctor, Dr. Idora is special. The two of you have something very important in common. She too was born on the 9th June. We must wish her on your birthday every year. Be sure to remind mummy.

Looking at you, staring at a little miracle. I still find it hard to believe that it was you inside me all along. Growing inside me, totally dependent on mummy. A miracle. A gift. I thank God for you. I love you....

mummy
xxx

No comments: